Friday, March 27, 2009

supersize pincushion

I've been meaning to make this pincushion, desiged by Anna Maria Horner for absoluetly ages. With spring once again in the air and looking like it might be here to stay for more than a day (I started this post before the weather changed!!) I got out my scraps and decided to use ginger blossom fabrics to make it up.

I think I was putting if off as I was worried about sewing the curves as its made up of 8 segments. I have a love hate relationship with curves, I love them, love looking at them, love the shape they make, they are so aesthetically pleasing! But sewing them sometimes sends me doolally. In fact I'm actually stuck on a baby jane block cos I just can't get the curves right. Sorry I digress.

This pattern is so easy and produces a chunky pincushion. I really enjoyed sewing it, little miss P stuffed it with her tiny finger and I finished the base watching more of The Wire, what a perfect way to spend your day!

No comments: