Friday, March 27, 2009

In my head...

This has been in my head for so so so long! I can't take credit for the design myself, neither can I credit the person who originally designed it as I have no idea where I saw it. I just saved a pic and then recreated it and I think its the best thing I've made for little miss p's bedroom so far. I loved every bit of the process and it came together so so so quickly. I used the english paper piecing method which is so satisfying and easy. The pics aren't great we have been starved of good light in Paris but there were a couple of rays which broke thru the grey clouds so I quickly snapped a few pics just before I finished adding the trunk (notice the pins holding it together!!).

Because its a wall decoration I left the papers in and used good old cellotape to stop them falling out. This process gives it a great 'structure/stability' for putting on the wall. Even the edges were cellotaped so there are no stitch lines on the outside. I was really lazy with the trunk I just bondawebbed it on.

The biggest problem is where to put it, it looks great on every wall so I can't decide. Its currently moved to her door and has a bird next to it to keep it company! I can't wait to make more! I think I'll do 3 more to reflect each season, I could even make them into a quilt... the possibilities are endless!

1 comment:

Katja said...

I love it! And great idea to do one for each season, so beautiful!
Katja