Thursday, January 8, 2009

More Dear Jane

I'm loving making these blocks.

I'm following the lessons on the Dear Jane CD, completing the blocks to learn new techniques. Some (like foundation piecing) have been a challenge and I've been pulling my hair out as to how to do it. Thankfully there are loads of fantastic people on-line who have posted tutorials, videos and their own Dear Jane journey which are smoothing the way for amateurs like me!

The first lesson was basic piecing. A6 Uncle Homer was the first (see previous post) the following 2 got trickier but not too difficult.

M-5 Mothers Point
J-7 Chicken Tracks


Lesson 2 was all about applique

Basic applique I've done before and D-3 Jasons Jacks was fairly straight forward



But reverse applique is new to me and so C-9 Jane's Tears was a good learning opportunity.




At this point I'm not really thinking about the bigger quilt so I'm just picking my fave scraps from the scrap bag and using what I think will look good for that block. I should look at the bigger picture at some point ...... but for now just learning is making me so so happy!

No comments: