Sunday, January 18, 2009

I did it!

I don't make clothes. I've tried in the past... and failed.

My mum used to make clothes which, looking back, were lovely, but at the time I just wanted to be the same as all the other girls, in retro t shirts and cord flares. I would roll up in floral numbers with cute collars and ruffled sleeves.

I have friends who make beautiful clothes for their daughters. I've resisted.... and resisted but... I am a broken woman. The pressure was too much and I made a dress for a friend's little girl.
Here it is the first dress I ever made, now safely with with a new owner.
I was inspired by Kate Moss (stars) and wanted to make something which fit in with the rest of little miss C's wardrobe (which is very cool and trendy), so its made with a view to be worn over leggings and polo neck. I also made a ring to go with it, again, another new obsession - fabric cover buttons.
Little miss liked it so much she has asked for one too!...... methinks this could be two new obsessions...







No comments: