Saturday, January 10, 2009

Freezer Paper coo

Getting supplies here in France can get a bit expensive and time consuming. I import freezer paper from the US but just made an amazing discovery. French delis wrap meats and cheese in the stuff. I discovered this while munching on a very ripe piece of brie over xmas whilst trying to get my head round foundation piecing.

So I went to my friendly deli man at our local supermarket (took Little Miss P with me cos he likes her) and asked him for a spare bit of paper with my brie de meaux. He ripped off a piece without even batting an eyelid (are there other crazy obsessed quilter in the 12th who do the same? Is it a french ritual?) and said 'avec plessuire'. I ran home put little Miss P in front of her latest obsession ... Sleeping Beauty DVD and tried it out! Wow it works!!

So, only problem now, how do I get more of the stuff? Do I go back to the same guy and ask for more? How many times could I do this without him thinking I'm a can short of a 6 pack? I wonder if friends and neighbours could ask for me too? Am I getting obsessed... yeah (but this is such a fantastic credit crunching opportunity).

Anyway, here's my first attempt at foundation piecing - check out the wonky corner.... I was determined to get it right so tried again and voila!!

No comments: