Monday, September 28, 2009

make do and mend


I love second hand furniture and have been on the look out for an old sewing box for as long as I've been sewing (about 20 years!!)! A couple of wks ago I found one on line! I nearly wet myself! The only snag was I had to go into the second hand shop to buy it, and, as it was out of town, I had to wait till the wkend (I've only just started driving in France and have yet to drive further than the school and back!). Everyday I checked on line to make sure it hadn't gone!!
It was an agonising wait! I was at the shop door before it opened, first in the queue, drooling! I walked in and there she sat, all dusty and unloved and yet again I nearly wet myself, she was to be mine, all mine!!

I stroked her tenderly, paid the man and took her to her new home.

Then lined her trays with lovely Heather Bailey paper which I have been saving for oh so long!
Bliss....
Now I have no excuse to mend socks and sew buttons. All my hand sewing supplies will live happily ever after in their lovely new home!

No comments: