Sunday, December 28, 2008

Liberty Angel

This will be the last word on liberty (for a few days anyway).

I had an idea to make a series of angels with some of the gorgeous liberty fabrics I recently purchased from washed and worn. The design I had all figured out from this book

My only problem was I couldn't decide on a face and hair. I was and am still really struggling. I wanted to create a 'face' which reflected the beauty of the fabric, its origins and style. I really struggled. I went back and did lots of research on the period when Liberty was first set-up the syles in its hey dey etc etc and couldn't come up with the perfect face but I'll keep trying and hopefully between now and net christamas inspiration will strike. In the meantime heres where I'm at with the face and hair (delicious velevet ribbon). This little lady went off to Manchester for a little Miss V's christmas. I hear she arrived safely I hope she is keeping well in blighty!!


No comments: