Thursday, April 1, 2010

Spring is here at last!

I love love love spring.
I love the colours, I love blossom, the light and most of all the sun! Litlle Miss P has 3 easter egg hunts to go to this year so I wanted to make her a special little basket to collect her eggs. I often have a very clear idea in my head of what I want to make and colours which sum up this time of year and the mood.
Its not quite right but I made each flower individually and then glued them on. I still need to add a few things but when she saw it she fell in love and wouldn't let it out of her sight!

I even managed to add a little birdie! Although its not quite finished yet!

I made 2, one with nasty acrylic felt which I bought accidently. The pink is bright but the texture makes a much studier bag and better shape without a lining. The softer felt bag I made wasn't sturdy enough and my lining went wrong so I gave up!! Next year I'll remake it into a lower basket shape and will hopefully have progressed to some new flower shapes!!

No comments: